The City of Margate Information Technology Department consists of a dedicated team of professionals that support over 400 end users and 26 network servers. We assist seventeen other departments with technology needs. Our application support includes:
- Water Billing
- Building Permits
- Business Licenses
- Code Compliance
- Land/ Parcel Management
- Police and Fire Records Management Systems
- Microsoft Office
The adoption of our mission statement and S.C.O.P.E. philosophy exemplifies the Information Technology's commitment to provide the best service possible.
The S.C.O.P.E. of the Information Technology (IT) Department's mission is to provide timely expert support to the City Departments that service the citizens and businesses of Margate.
- Superior: We will provide unequaled assistance and support to all departments, based on a needs and urgency based continuum
- Commitment: We promise to fulfill our obligations as the IT provider for the city departments in an ethical and respective manner.
- Outstanding: We will deliver a quality of service that is easily recognizable as above the industry standard
- Professionalism: We will perform our job in a manner that will project the attitude and conduct of a professional
- Ethics: We will always conduct business according to the highest ethical standards with sensitivity and understanding
Our operating budget for fiscal year 2017 to 2018 is $907,165 which includes capital projects for replacing our network infrastructure which includes servers and storage. We also budgeted for and implemented a computer replacement program over the past two years to replace aging hardware and operating software.
You can submit suggestions about our new website by emailing the department.
Our department has 6 full time employees, including:
- Director of Information Technology
- Systems Analyst Supervisor
- Network Analyst
- Information Technology Specialist/Web Master
- Systems Analyst
- Technical Support Specialist
James A. Wilbur, CGCIO
Information Technology Director