Margate/Coconut Creek Fire Department
911 is to be used for emergency calls only.
For other calls to the fire department (954) 971-7010 should be used.
When reporting a FIRE the following questions will be asked.
1. Where is the location of the fire?
2. What type of fire is it? (Example: structure, brush, vehicle, dumpster or trash)
3. Is anyone in danger? If structure or vehicle is it occupied?
4. What is the extent of the fire? (Example: odor, smoke, or flames showing)
5. Give the 911 operator any information that is important about the fire.
When reporting a MEDICAL RESCUE the following will be asked.
1. What is the location of the sick or injured person?
2. What is the nature of the injury or illness?
3. Does the patient have any known history or on any medications?
4. Give the 911 operator any addition information you may have on the patient.
When reporting a VEHICLE ACCIDENT the following will be asked.
1. What is the location of the accident?
2. Are there any injuries?
3. How many vehicles are involved in the accident?
4. You will be asked for a brief description of the vehicles.
5. Are there any hazards resulting from the accident? (Example: gasoline leak, wires down or chemical spill)
6. Are you a witness to the accident? If so remain on the scene until police and fire units arrive.
7. Give the 911 operator any additional information important to the call.
©2006 Margate Fire Department