Adult Day Care
Goal: To effectively reduce the rate of premature institutionalization.
|Our Adult Day Care environment was designed to accommodate the special needs of clients with physical and/or cognitive impairment (Dementia). The staff provides a safe and structured social setting for our clients.
Activities: Every month we create a calendar listing all of the daily events and activities. We do a variety of activities such as:
* Vital signs are monitored monthly
- **Arts & Crafts
- **Board Games
- **Blackboard Puzzles
- **Current Events
- **Health Talks
- **Plus...Luncheons & Parties!
Lunch is served at 11:00am. Lunch is made possible by Broward Meals on Wheels.
How To Register For The Program:
- Call our office (954) 977-6556 Monday through Friday to make an appointment for a visit.
- If the visit is successful you will receive Medical Forms for a Physician to complete. Either a Tine Test (to rule out TB) or Chest x-ray is mandatory before beginning the Program.
- Return the completed original Medical Forms. The can be mailed or returned in person. Please do not fax the Medical Forms.
- A representative from the Aging and Disability Resource Center will contact you by phone and complete an assessment. Your loved one will then be place on a waiting list for funding from Broward County Elderly and Veterans Services (Monthly co-payments may apply)*.
- When funding becomes available, a case manager will contact you to set up an appointment for an in home assessment. Then the in home assessment is complete the participant is ready to begin our program.
** Private Pay is available for immediate admission.
Transportation: Transportation is available to and from Adult Day Care for participants residing in all or a portion of the following cities: Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, Margate, North Lauderdale, Pompano (west of the turnpike), Sunrise and Tamarac.
Every participant must have a PIN from Broward County or pay an additional transportation fee in order to use our transportation service.
For an application to Broward County ADA Paratransit Services please call (954) 357-6794.
ADC Staff Consists of: Operations Manager ADC Nurse Recreation Specialist Recreation Assistant Certified Nursing Assistants Volunteers
- **ADC staff speaks English, Spanish and Creole
- **ADC maintains a client to staff ratio of 6 to 1