Residential curbside recycling is collected once per week including holidays (except Christmas day).
Click here to determine your recycling collection day.
- Rinse out containers and remove caps and straws.
- Place all of your recyclables directly into Big Blue (no bags please).
- Roll your cart to the curb on your recycling day.
- Place your recycling cart on a level, solid surface near the edge of the street by 7 A.M. on your recycling day, but not earlier than 5:00 PM the evening before your recycling day.
- Place your recycling cart at the curb with the lid closed and the wheels and handle facing your home.
- Place your recycling cart at least three (3) feet away from other objects (i.e. mailbox, car, garbage cart, etc.).
- Remove your recycling cart within twelve (12) hours of collection.
What Goes In Your Recycling Cart
- Paper – Newspaper, inserts, catalogs, magazines, mail, office paper, soft-covered books, file folders, soda cartons, and crushed boxes from items such as cereal, tissues, rice, and pasta.
- Corrugated Cardboard – From non-food items cut into sections no larger than 3' x 3'.
- Aseptic Containers – Milk and juice cartons and drink boxes.
- Plastic – Plastic containers #1-7.
- Glass – Bottles and jars.
- Metal – Food and beverage containers.
What Stays Out of Your Recycling Cart
- Plastic bags
- Certain glass products including window or auto glass, light bulbs, mirrors, or glass cookware
- Paint and pesticides
- Electronic waste and accessories
- Medical waste and pharmaceuticals
- Household garbage
- Yard waste
- Building debris
- Styrofoam (e.g. egg cartons, packing materials, etc.)
- Miscellaneous plastics (e.g. toys, plasticware, etc.)
Christmas Day is the only holiday on which recycling is not collected. Recycling will be collected on the next scheduled collection day.
• Recycling carts are available in two sizes: 35- and 65-gallons.
• Residents are provided one recycling cart free of charge.
• Additional recycling carts may be purchased for a one-time nominal fee. Contact Waste Management online or by phone at (954) 974-7500 to purchase additional carts.
• Residents may exchange their recycling cart for a different size by contacting Waste Management online or by phone at (954) 974-7500.
Get rewarded for living green. Earn points for green actions like recycling. Once registered, you will earn points every time you place your recycling cart out for collection. You can also earn additional points by visiting Recyclebank.com. Your points can be redeemed for discounts and deals from local and national businesses. Visit Recyclebank.com for more information and to register today.
Please contact Waste Management to submit:
For all other inquiries about the City of Margate Recycling Program, contact the Department of Environmental and Engineering Services at (954) 972-0828 or email email@example.com.