“HOME OF THE MONTH” INFORMATION GUIDE
SUBMIT MY HOME
The City of Margate “Home of the Month” Program has been established to recognize and reward residential properties that contribute to the overall positive appearance of the City of Margate. The City is looking to recognize those residents demonstrating above-average efforts in maintaining their property and exterior of their home as it appears from the curb.
The criteria are pretty simple; we are looking for a visually appealing façade and a well-maintained property. The age of the structure and how elaborate the landscaping or decorative features are, will not be considered. Other factors include but are not limited to:
• Healthy lawn, neatly mowed and edged
• Pruned and trimmed shrubs and trees
• Minimum weeds in flowerbeds
• Yard free of debris and clutter
• Driveway free of oil and other stains
• Buildings, fences, porches, windows and patios on the property are in good repair
• House numbers are displayed attractively
• Overall aesthetic appeal
• Pleasing appearance making the property an asset to the community
All single-family homes, duplexes, and townhomes within the City of Margate are eligible to submit an application. The winner will receive a specially designed “Home of the Month” sign to be placed in the front yard of the winning home for the duration of the winning month. Each month, a picture of the winning home will be placed on the City’s website, social media (Facebook and Twitter), Channel 78 on Comcast Cable and in the “Margate Matters” monthly publication. Winners will also receive a $50 gift certificate to a local hardware store and be recognized at a City Commission meeting.
Applications must be self-nominations and may be submitted at any time throughout the year. Each month’s winners will be chosen by the fifteenth day of the prior month. The application must include one (1) photo of the home taken from the street.
• An award duration term lasts a single calendar month, and runs from the first day to the last day of that same month.
• The same property cannot receive more than one award in the same rolling twelve-month calendar period. Durations may vary due to judging schedules and holidays.
• Only one “Home of the Month” recipient will be selected in a single month.
• Winners must be willing to have photos of their yard taken and published on the City Website, social media pages, Channel 78, as well as the “Margate Matters”.
• By submitting an application for the “Home of the Month” Program, homeowners are authorizing the City of Margate to use photos of their home in marketing material deemed appropriate by the City.
• Legal Conditions - By entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City of Margate, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, "Losses"), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of any individual's right to privacy and/or publicity right. The contest is void where prohibited by law.
• Other - The City of Margate is not responsible for lost entries. The City reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control. By entering the contest, the resident hereby grants the City of Margate a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, use in publications and associated trade magazines, publicly display and publicly perform the photograph of the home you submit to the City of Margate, and the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
SUBMIT MY HOME