Residential curbside garbage is collected twice a week including holidays (except Christmas day). Click here to determine your garbage collection days.
• Garbage must be placed curbside by 7:00 AM on your collection day but not earlier than 5:00 PM the day before your scheduled collection day.
• Place your garbage cart at the curb with the lid closed and the wheels and handle facing your home.
• All garbage must be placed inside the Waste Management provided garbage carts so that the lid may completely close.
• Garbage placed outside or on top of garbage carts will not be collected.
• Set carts at least 3 feet from other objects (i.e. mailbox, car, tree, etc.) and no more than 3 feet from the curbline.
• Garbage carts shall not be heavier than 150 pounds when full.
• Garbage should be bagged to help keep carts clean and odor-free.
• Materials not accepted for curbside garbage collection:
- Household hazardous waste. See Household Hazardous Waste for more information on disposing these items.
- Biohazardous materials.
- Medical waste.
- Construction debris including building material, rock, dirt, plaster, iron, or other like materials.
- Dead animals.
- Liquid waste.
- Flammable or explosive materials.
- Radioactive materials.
- Yard Waste. See Yard Waste for more information on disposing these items.
- Items that are too large to fit completely within the garbage cart or are heavier than 150 pounds. See Bulk Waste for more information on disposing these items.
- Remove garbage carts within twelve (12) hours of collection.
Christmas Day is the only holiday on which garbage is not collected and residents whose garbage collection falls on December 25th may place excess garbage outside of their garbage cart on their next scheduled collection day. Any garbage placed outside of the garbage cart shall be placed either in garbage cans with lids or heavy-duty, securely tied garbage bags. For example, if your normal garbage collection is Monday/Thursday and your garbage is not collected Monday because it is December 25th, you may place additional garbage outside of the garbage cart in garbage cans and/or garbage bags on Thursday (your next scheduled garbage collection day). Note: Garbage cans and garbage bags will only be collected from households which missed a collection day due to Christmas.
• Garbage carts are available in three sizes: 35-, 65-, and 95-gallons.
• Residents are provided one garbage cart free of charge.
• Additional garbage carts may be purchased for a one-time nominal fee. Contact Waste Management online or by phone at (954) 974-7500 to purchase additional carts.
• Residents may exchange their garbage cart for one of a different size by contacting Waste Management online or by phone at (954) 974-7500.
Please contact Waste Management to submit: