Margate Police Department
Located at: City Hall, First Floor, 5790 Margate Boulevard, Margate, Florida 33063
Contact Information: Email:
Telephone: (954)972-7111 Fax: (954)935-5476
Administrative Hours: Monday through Thursday 8am to 6pm
"A recognized leader in modern law enforcement practices and technology"
Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators Alert Email Notification
- Nationally Accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA) in 1994. Initial accreditation in 1994.
- Reaccredited through CALEA in 1997, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2013.
- The first police agency in Broward County and the second municipal agency in Florida to be State Accredited through the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation, Inc. (CFA). Initial accreditation in 1997.
- Reaccredited through CFA in 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- A full-service police agency with specialized services including K-9 drug detection dogs, Marine Unit, and Special Response Team (SRT).
- Budgeted allocation of 107 full-time officers.
- Budgeted allocation of 94 civilian full and part-time positions.
- The police department's 2012 budget is $12,104,827.
- Winner of the 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 National Association of Town Watch's Category 3 (50-99,999 Popul) Award for the best National Night Out crime prevention program.
- Recognized leader in community policing philosophy.
- Commission for Florida Accreditation Model Policy Agency.
- Most progressive take-home vehicle program.
- Recognized leader in implementation of patrol vehicle technology through computers, printers and a city-wide wireless network.
- Utilizes a combination of districting and an in-house accountability program to fight crime.
- Active in establishing community and business partnerships.
- Progressive police districting and accountability programs.