The City of Margate is an active participant of "Paint It Broward," Broward County's Recycled Paint Program*. The paint is offered as exterior paint FREE of charge via the City.
Recycled paint is available in 5-gallon containers in the following colors*:
Recycled Paint Distribution Procedures and Policies:
Directions to Oriole Field: From North – Take Rock Island Rd south and turn left onto NW 1st St.
From South – Take Rock Island Rd north and turn right onto NW 1st St. Parking lot will be on the left.
1. Each household is allowed a maximum of four (4) containers per calendar year.
2. Paint is for exterior use only.
3. When available, paint is distributed on Wednesdays between 8:30 a.m. and
11:30 a.m. at the Oriole Field parking lot located at 7055 NW 1st Street.
Contact D.E.E.S. at (954) 972-0828 on Tuesdays for availability.
4. Proof of Margate residency for the individual present is required.
5. The available colors will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis, and all the colors may not be available on the day of distribution.
6. Paint is intended for personal residential exterior use only, and is not to be sold or used for multifamily and commercial properties.
Please contact the Department of Environmental and Engineering Services (D.E.E.S.) office at (954) 972-0828 if you have any questions about the program.
* Not true representation of actual colors. Please visit D.E.E.S. at 901 N.W. 66th Avenue to view paint chips.