To open a new account, the City requires the owner of the property to present a copy of legal documentation that they own the property,
- Signed settlement (HUD ) statement
- Recorded Quit Claim deed
- Recorded Certificate of Title (if bought on courthouse steps)
a photo id of new owner,
- driver's license is acceptable
- state id
Deposit and application fee,
Following is a listing of fees associated with opening single family residential water and sewer account with the City:
- 5/8" - meter $ 105.00 deposit + $15.00 non-refundable application fee
- 1" - meter $170.00 deposit + $15.00 non-refundable application fee
Water and sewer deposits are held for a minimum of one year. The deposit may be returned to the customer after one year if the customer's account has not been processed for disconnected due to nonpayment. The customer must submit in writing a completed Return of Deposit form and sign the City's Agreement for Water & Sewer Services Form.
The customer may be held responsible for all outstanding balances on the property and may have to contact their title insurance to facilitate payment. If the property was bought on the courthouse steps, it is strongly recommended that a City Lien search is requested to see if there are outstanding liens/violations on the property.