Residential curbside garbage is collected twice a week including holidays (except Christmas day). View Solid Waste & Recycling Collection Map to determine your garbage collection days.
- Garbage must be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on your collection day but not earlier than 5 p.m. the day before your scheduled collection day.
- Place your garbage cart at the curb with the lid closed and the wheels and handle facing your home.
- All garbage must be placed inside the Republic Services provided garbage carts so that the lid may completely close.
- Garbage should be bagged to help keep carts clean and odor-free.
- Garbage placed outside or on top of garbage carts will not be collected.
- Set carts at least 3 feet from other objects (i.e. mailbox, car, tree, etc.) and no more than 3 feet from the curbline.
- Garbage carts shall not be heavier than 150 pounds when full.
- Remove garbage carts within twelve (12) hours of collection.
Materials not accepted for curbside garbage collection:
- Household hazardous waste
- Biohazardous materials
- Medical waste
- Construction debris including building material, rock, dirt, plaster, iron, or other like materials
- Dead animals
- Liquid waste
- Flammable or explosive materials
- Radioactive materials
- Yard Waste
- Items that are too large to fit completely within the garbage cart or are heavier than 150 pounds. View Bulk Waste page for more information on disposing these items.
Christmas Day is the only holiday on which garbage is not collected and residents whose garbage collection falls on December 25th may place excess garbage outside of their garbage cart on their next scheduled collection day. Any garbage placed outside of the garbage cart shall be placed either in garbage cans with lids or heavy-duty, securely tied garbage bags.
For example, if your normal garbage collection is Monday/Thursday and your garbage is not collected Monday because it is December 25th, you may place additional garbage outside of the garbage cart in garbage cans and/or garbage bags on Thursday (your next scheduled garbage collection day).
Note: Garbage cans and garbage bags will only be collected from households which missed a collection day due to Christmas.
- Garbage carts are available in three sizes: 35, 65, and 95 gallons.
- Residents are provided one garbage cart free of charge.
- Additional garbage carts may be purchased for a one-time nominal fee. Contact Republic Services online or by phone at 954-583-1830 to purchase additional carts.
- Residents may exchange their garbage cart for one of a different size by contacting Republic Services online or by phone at 954-583-1830.