Household Hazardous Waste
Broward County HHW Drop Off Locations
5490 Reese Road
Davie, FL 33314
2780 N Powerline Road
Pompano Beach, FL 33073
5601 W Hallandale Beach Boulevard
Pembroke Park, FL 33023
Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Proof of Margate residency is required.
For more information and a complete list of accepted items, visit the Broward County Waste and Recycling Services website.
- Aerosol products
- Auto and boat batteries
- Auto and boat fluids
- Cleaning supplies
- Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs)
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Lawn chemicals
- Lighter fluid
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Rechargeable batteries
- Tires (limit 4)
Items Not Accepted
- Biohazardous waste
- Business generated waste
Containers may not exceed 5-gallons and total quantity may not exceed 25-gallons per visit.
City of Margate Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Disposal Events:
- April 20th, 2024, 9am - 2pm*
- September 14th, 2024, 9am - 2pm*
* Secure Document Shredding (up to 3 standard-size paper boxes) will be available during these events. The aforementioned dates are subject to change.
Residents must show proof of Margate residency.
Location: Oriole Park, 7055 NW 1st Street. This event is organized by the City of Margate and Republic Services.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
To expedite the process and maintain consistent flow of traffic, the following guidelines are in place during drop off:
- Attendees are not to exit their vehicles.
- All items to be disposed/shredded must be located in the trunk, hatch, or bed of the vehicle (no items will be removed from the cabin of a vehicle).
- Proof of residency is required.
For more information, contact the City of Margate’s Department of Environmental & Engineering Services at (954) 972-0828.