Household Hazardous Waste
Broward County HHW Drop Off Locations
5490 Reese Road
Davie, FL 33314
2780 N Powerline Road
Pompano Beach, FL 33073
5601 W Hallandale Beach Boulevard
Pembroke Park, FL 33023
Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Proof of Margate residency is required.
For more information and a complete list of accepted items, visit the Broward County Waste and Recycling Services website.
- Aerosol products
- Auto and boat batteries
- Auto and boat fluids
- Cleaning supplies
- Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs)
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Lawn chemicals
- Lighter fluid
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Rechargeable batteries
- Tires (limit 4)
Items Not Accepted
- Biohazardous waste
- Business generated waste
Containers may not exceed 5-gallons and total quantity may not exceed 25-gallons per visit.
City of Margate Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Disposal Events:
April 24, 2021, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.* May 23, 2021, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- August 28, 2021 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.*
* Secure Document Shredding will also be available during April 24th and August 28th Events. The aforementioned dates are subject to change.
Location: Oriole Park, 7055 NW 1st Street.
COVID -19 SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
To ensure we practice social distancing and follow CDC guidelines, the following safety measures will take place:
- We recommend all vehicle occupants wear a mask.
- Attendees are not to exit their vehicles.
- All items to be disposed/shred must be located in the trunk, hatch or bed of the vehicle (no items will be removed from the cabin of a vehicle).
- Proof of residency is required. For more information, contact the City of Margate’s
- Department of Environmental & Engineering Services at (954) 972-0828.