The City of Margate uses CodeRED to send EMERGENCY notifications by phone, email, text and social media to keep citizens informed of emergencies such as an evacuation notices, utility outages, water main breaks, fire or floods, chemical spills, or other emergency situations.
The City may also activate CodeRED to send GENERAL notifications to registered subscribers to communicate non-life safety matters, such as planned road closures, water main repairs, water and power service interruptions, etc. By selecting the box for GENERAL alerts, you will also receive these types of notifications.
There is no charge to register for or use CodeRED and your personal information will be kept confidential. Registering for CodeRED is quick and easy:
- Sign up for CodeRED online
- Add the following numbers to your caller ID
- 866-419-5000 - EMERGENCY CALLS
- 855-969-4636 - GENERAL CALLS
Things to Know About CodeRED
- CodeRED delivers notifications by phone calls to landlines and cell phones, emails, texts, social media, and/or mobile alerts
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those with hearing impairments
- Individuals and businesses may add as many phone numbers, emails and texts numbers as you'd like
CodeRED Mobile Alert App
Residents and visitors alike can receive enhanced public safety alerts no matter where you are located via the CodeRED Mobile Alert app - a free public safety app for both Android and iPhone users. The CodeRED Mobile Alert app delivers community and emergency alerts to individuals targeted within an impacted geographical area so that you may also receive timely notifications when you're on the road, away from home.
If you are currently a CodeRED subscriber that has already registered your mobile phone to receive notifications from the City of Margate, you will continue to receive calls. However, if you download the CodeRED Mobile Alert app, you will also be able to receive alerts via your smartphone anywhere in the country, including Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
To download the free CodeRED Mobile Alert app, visit the Google Play or iTunes store.
For more information about the CodeRED service, please call 954-971-7010.