Public Engagement and Involvement
Margate’s commitment to conduct an ongoing, meaningful Public Involvement Program while drafting the Comp Plan Amendments goes well beyond the simple statutory-required mandates. The goal of our efforts also extends beyond collection and assembly of minimum data the State of Florida requires.
Our goal is to provide the platforms that will enable Margate residents, property and business owners, and other stakeholders to share their thoughts, comments, and hopes for Margate’s future. The focus of these discussions and hearings will be gaining stakeholder’s input on:
- Features of the City and neighborhoods that residents want to maintain
- Features of the City and neighborhood that residents would like to see change
- Key challenges facing the City neighborhoods, businesses and community
- Ideas for creating community-based employment opportunities
- Characteristics and Values that residents want to preserve and build upon for the future
Community Visioning Meeting
The Margate 2.0 Comprehensive Plan public input phase is moving to informal discussions designed to listen to Margate residents, business leaders and stakeholders. Please join us at any of these three, 2-hour sessions:
|September 23, 2019||September 23, 2019||September 24, 2019|
|2 p.m. to 4 p.m.||6 p.m. to 8 p.m.||10 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
Here are some additional ways to participate and make your voice heard:
- Register your email address from the Contact Us Tab to receive notifications, progress reports and project information
- Provide feedback via our online Comments Form from the Development Services Department’s Margate 2.0 Webpage
- Also, make sure to Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we will be using the hashtag #Margate2.0 for all updates from workshops and to share survey results.
- Remember, if you can’t make one of the discussions or formal public hearings, please participate by sharing your thoughts and comments via our soon to be released Online Survey. Once you register on the project website, you’ll be e-notified when the Survey goes live.
- Look for Development Services Department staff whenever you attend community events! As the process moves forward, we will be announcing community-sponsored events where staff and our consultants will be available to provide information, answer questions, or receive comments.