Home of the Month
Check out last months Home of the Month ⇩
The City of Margate’s Home of the Month program recognizes residents for their efforts to maintain the exterior of their home in good condition. The Program was established to reward residential properties that contribute to the overall appearance of the City of Margate.
The criteria for this program is rather simple; the City is looking for a visually appealing facade and a well-maintained property to recognize each month. The age of the structure and how elaborate the landscaping or decorative features are, will not be considered. Other factors include but are not limited to:
- Healthy lawn, neatly mowed and edged
- Pruned and trimmed shrubs and trees
- Minimum weeds in flowerbeds
- Yard free of debris and clutter
- Driveway free of oil and other stains
- Buildings, fences, porches, windows and patios are in good repair
- House numbers are displayed attractively
- Overall aesthetic appeal
- Pleasing appearance making the property an asset to the community
Residents of single-family homes, duplexes, and townhomes within the City of Margate are eligible to submit an application. The winner will receive a specially designed “Home of the Month” sign to be placed in the front yard for the duration of the winning month. Each month, a picture of the winning home will be placed on the City’s website, social media (Facebook and Twitter), Channel 78 on Comcast Cable and in the “Margate Matters” monthly publication. Winners will also receive a $50 gift certificate to a local hardware store and be recognized at a City Commission meeting.
Residents can self-nominate by completing the application here: Home of the Month Application