Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
You are hereby notified of a Negotiations Session scheduled for the following date:
The negotiation session will be held as a virtual public meeting, with the City of Margate and the Federation of Public Employees.
Negotiation sessions are open to the public, to observe, but public participation is not permitted.
This statement explains the City of Margate’s findings related to the need to hold the virtual public meeting, and the ability of the public to access the virtual public meeting.
The City of Margate’s findings and procedure for the virtual public meeting are as follows:
• Pursuant to Governor DeSantis’ Executive Orders 20-51 and 20-52, in which the Governor declared a public health emergency and a state of emergency, there is a recommendation to limit public gatherings.
• On March 20, 2020, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20- 69, suspending the quorum requirements for public meetings held by a local government body, and the requirement that a local government body must meet at a specific public place.
• On June 23, 2020, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20- 150, extending Executive Order 20-69 regarding local government public meetings until 12:01 a.m. on August 1, 2020.
• On July 29, 2020, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-179, which extended Executive Order 20-69 until 12:01 a.m. on September 1, 2020.
• On August 7, 2020, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-193, amending Executive Order 20-179 to further extend Executive Order 20-69 until 12:01 a.m. on October 1, 2020, suspending the physically present quorum requirement and provided for virtual meetings utilizing Communications Media Technology.
• Consistent with the authority contained in the Governor’s Executive Orders, and in order to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the City of Margate’s clients and employees, the City of Margate finds that it is in the best interest of the City of Margate to hold this virtual public meeting.
• Therefore, the City of Margate will be holding this virtual meeting through the use of electronic communication. Members of the public are invited to join the City of Margate meeting by accessing the meeting through this link: https://zoom.us/j/94023458922?pwd=Rk9SWFovNEtRK1BWejBKekE0NUdTUT09
Passcode: 559073 ID: 913 6853 0241
or can listen in via telephone by calling one of the following phone numbers:
US: + 1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346
248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 940 2345 8922Passcode: 559073