The City of Margate Utilities Department will rehabilitate utility crossing over canals and local waterways at ten (10) locations throughout the Margate Utilities service area. The scope includes minor repairs, surface preparation, blasting and pressure cleaning, pipeline protective coating application, and painting. The general locations of the ten (10) rehabilitation sites are:
1) Site 1 – SW 9th Street between SW 50th Terrace and SW 50th Avenue
2) Site 2 – SW 8th Street between SW 50th Terrace and SW 50th Avenue
3) Site 4 – Rock Island Road and SFWMD C-14 Canal between NW 1st Street and Southgate
4) Site 5 – State Road 7 and SFWMD C-14 Canal between NW 1st Street and Southgate Boulevard
5) Site 6 – West Atlantic Blvd and Margate Canal between NW 65th Ave and Maple Drive (Near Margate Middle School)
6) Site 8 – NW 76th Avenue between NW 6th Court and NW 5th Place
7) Site 9 – Margate Boulevard and One-Mile Canal between NW 69th Terrace and NW 69th Avenue
8) Site 15 – Coconut Creek Parkway between Lyons Road and Aruba Way
9) Site 16 – Coconut Creek Parkway between NW 43rd Avenue and NW 40th Avenue
10) Site 17 – Coconut Creek Boulevard between NW 43rd Avenue and NW 42nd Avenue.
The licensed general contractor, Razorback, LLC is scheduled to begin work on April 24, 2023, and is expected to last until the end of September 2023. Although most of the work will be done over the canals and waterways, the residents may experience temporary disruptions in traffic in the areas near rehabilitation sites. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience as we work to maintain and improve the City of Margate's utility infrastructure. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Utilities Department.