Donate Items to Hurricane Victims
The City of Margate will be hosting a Hurricane Dorian Relief Collection Drive for the residents of The Bahamas, where various islands were devastated by the storm’s wrath.
The Margate Police Department and the Margate-Coconut Creek Fire Rescue Department will be spearheading the collection drive.
Beginning on Wednesday, September 4, 2019, donations will be accepted at the Police Department and all Margate and Coconut Creek Fire Stations daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The locations are as follows:
• Margate Police Department: 5790 Margate Boulevard
• Fire Station 18: 5785 Park Drive, Margate
• Fire Station 58: 600 N. Rock Island Road, Margate
• Fire Station 98: 5395 NW 24th Street, Margate
• Fire Station 94: 4455 Sol Press Boulevard, Coconut Creek
• Fire Station 50: 4500 Coconut Creek Parkway, Coconut Creek
• Margate City Hall, 5790 Margate Boulevard
Please limit donations to the following items, which have been requested by the government of The Bahamas.
• Non-perishable foods
• Hygiene kits (tissue, toothpaste, tooth brushes, towels, sanitary napkins)
• Cleaning supplies (bleach, mops, brooms, garbage bags, sponges, clothes pins)
• Baby food and formula
• Mosquito repellent (DEET-free)
• First aid kits (bandages, gauze and tape)
• Dog food
The City will accept donations through September 20, 2019. For more information, please visit margatefl.com.