New Owners / Tenants

New Owners

To open an account for water, wastewater (sewer), and/or garbage service within the City of Margate, the owner of the property must provide the following:

  • Proof of property ownership (e.g., executed settlement statement or recorded warranty deed)
  • A clear photocopy of a driver’s license or other official photo identification
  • The appropriate service deposit and $15 application fee
  • Signed Agreement for Water & Sewer Services Form (PDF)

The customer may be held responsible for all outstanding balances on the property and may have to contact his/her title insurance to facilitate payment. If the property was foreclosed on and purchased through auction at the courthouse, it is strongly recommended that a City Lien search is requested to see if there are outstanding liens/violations on the property.

Welcome Package


The City of Margate does not open water and sewer accounts for tenants. The account will always be in the property owner’s name. A courtesy copy of the bill can be mailed to the tenant if a valid lease is provided.

It is strongly recommended that the property owner request an e-Bill to monitor if the tenant is paying timely or not.