The Traffic Unit is responsible for enforcing traffic statutes and reducing crash causing violations by selective enforcement procedures in high accident areas. The Traffic Unit’s responsibilities also include:
- Direct and control traffic at crash scenes, fires, and/or other emergency situations, as needed.
- Backing-up calls for services that require assistance.
- Routinely patrolling to assist motorists.
- Escorting for police officer’s funerals and other escorts, such as parades and marches.
- Participating in community involvement and community relations activities.
- For traffic related inquiries, please contact (954) 972-7111.