Bulk / Yard Waste
Curbside Collection Schedule
View Solid Waste and Recycling Map to determine your collection day.
- Bulk and yard waste are collected together once per week from households that receive curbside garbage collection.
- Bulk and yard waste are collected on your first garbage collection day. For example, if your garbage is collected on Monday and Thursday, your bulk and yard waste will be collected on Mondays.
Bulk / Yard Waste Guidelines
- Bulk and yard waste items must be placed immediately behind the curb, or within the swale area if there is no curb, by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Per City Code, DO NOT place your bulk/yard waste items out more than three days before your scheduled collection day.
- Yard waste must be placed in clear plastic bags, or loose at the curb. No personal containers are allowed.
Bulk waste consists of large household items that cannot be placed in a garbage cart because of its size, shape, or weight. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Fixtures (sinks, toilets, etc.)
- Lumber (plywood, boards, scraps, etc.). Only small quantities from incidental home maintenance and repairs.
- White goods (e.g. refrigerators, freezers, etc.). Freon must be removed from refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units by a certified technician and labeled as such by the technician prior to placing at the curb
Yard waste consists of, but is not limited to:
- Grass clippings
- Palm Fronds
- Shrub and tree trimmings
- Tree branches
Small yard waste (e.g. grass clippings, leaves, and shrub and tree trimmings) must be placed in clear plastic garbage bags.
Large yard waste (e.g. tree limbs and palm fronds) do not need to be bagged, bundled or containerized but cannot be larger than eight (8) inches in diameter, and no longer than six (6) feet in length.
Items not accepted
- Abandoned vehicles or vehicle parts
- Any waste that may be dangerous or harmful to individuals handling the waste
- Bodily waste
- Construction materials (concrete, drywall, tile, dirt, etc.)
- Dead animals
- Electronic equipment
- Flammables and explosives
- Glass items
- Hazardous waste (paint, fertilizer, pesticides, batteries, etc.)
- Liquid waste
- Propane Tanks
Don't see your waste item here? Search for it in the Waste Wizard to find out how to recycle or properly dispose of your waste.
For missed pick-ups and for additional information regarding bulk and yard waste pick-up, contact Waste Management online or by phone at 954-974-7500.